BREAKING IN…Spotlight on Publishing
In our Spotlight on Publishing segment, you’ll hear from working professionals how changes in lifestyles and technology have reshaped how books, magazines and newspapers are published.
You’ll be part of an intensive, deep dive into how these age-old institutions have been changed forever by mobile and digital technology and the phenomena of bloggers and independent journalists. You’ll hear how the convergence of content repurposing, e-commerce and personalized web marketing have reshaped today’s media landscape…how Amazon has made book publishing more open and accessible than ever…and all of this priceless information will come from professionals who are working with these exciting new developments every day.
By the end of this year’s Breaking In Spotlight on Publishing, you’ll have an expert’s understanding of the current state of the industry, the key challenges and opportunities its leaders are facing, and most important, their personal insights about choosing, preparing for, and ultimately, “breaking into” your own career in publishing.
Topics to be covered:
- What is publishing in the digital age?
- Is a career in publishing right for you?
- What are the key career paths to choose from?
- Which areas of publishing offer the best rewards?
- What skills will you need to succeed in each of them?
- What type of education and practical experiences will give you the best chance of success
- What kind of life and lifestyle can you expect?
Students who are interested in this year’s Breaking In Spotlight on Publishing may also be interested in attending our Breaking In Media & Entertainment Overview. Click Here to learn more.